Download LineageOS 15 GApps: CyanogenMod is the biggest and most widely used open source operating system. As per the reports in the year 2015, there are 50 million users of CyanogenMod. But Unfortunately, CyanogenMod has failed in the year 2016 as the company was not able to capitalize on the success. Now for restricting and betterment of the company, CEO of the company has been changed and was quickly forked under the new name LineageOS. We can say that LineageOs is the advance avatar of CyanogenMod.
LineageOS is the fastest growing community, and it supports Thousand of Devices. The company came up with the latest LineageOS 15 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, Which is the upcoming android version. As always there are some additional features over the stock Android 8.0 versions. It is expected that LineageOS will come with the Themes Functionality to the custom ROM. There is one bad news along with that which is LineageOS 15 will not come with Preinstalled GApps because of the copyright issue. So, you have to Download LineageOS 15 GApps.
GApps is the unofficial package provided in a bundle distributed in various forms which include Playstore, Googleplay Services, Gmail and other Google essential applications. The Users only need to do a custom installation of the GApps if they have custom Roms installed on their devices. There are also Micro and Pico Packages of GApps which include only playstore if you don’t need maps, Gmail, and other applications.
- Battery percentage should be more than 75%.
- Please make a backup of your data before proceeding further.
- Install the Twrp or Cwm recovery for your device.
- Arm GApps for Android 8.0 Oreo | Download
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 GApps
- Download GApps and save the downloaded zip file into your device
- Reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down button + Power power”.
- In the TWRP main menu, Click on Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Head back to the main menu in TWRP Recovery, click on install and select the GApps zip file.
- After selecting the GApps zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to start the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, select Wipe cache/Dalvik and Swipe to wipe.
- After flashing GApps, reboot your device from the main menu.
You can use the lineageOS 15 for your device if your device is not receiving the official update of android 8.0 Oreo and you can experience the latest Android version in your device.